TLILIC0005 – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more). Successfully completing this course will allow you to operate any boomtype elevating work platform, including self-propelled, trailer mounted and truck mounted boom lifts with a height or reach of 11m or more within Australia.Course Cost
- $499 per student
- Additional to this price a fee is also payable to Australia Post for the license card which is nationally recognised.
Once the SafeWork (or relevant safety authority) assessment has been successfully completed, you will receive a SafeWork (or relevant safety authority) Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (MSA) which is valid for 60 days. A fee is payable to Australia Post for the
license card which is nationally recognised.
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Photo ID
- 18 years of age or over
- obtain a USI (usi.gov.au)
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 3 days.
- Face to face delivery on-site training and assessment.
- Training sessions will be carried out on site in a safe designated area for practical and in a classroom environment for theory.
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Setting up the elevating work platform
- Operating the elevating work platform
- Shutting down and securing the elevating work platform
Language, Literacy & NumeracyAllowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues. You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the Candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
- All participants that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognized.
- Once the SafeWork (or relevant safety authority) assessment has been successfully completed, you will receive a SafeWork (or relevant safety authority) Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (MSA) which is valid for 60 days. A fee is then payable to Australia Post for the license card which is nationally recognised.
RPLRPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- Previous qualification
- Work experience and
- Life experience
- Video evidence
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.